Donnerstag, 24. Juni 2010

Portal 2 E3 gameplay presentation



So here we go nerds, I'll keep this post in English language for all the non - German speaking Portal fans out there.

This video is the E3 gameplay presentation of Valve's upcoming and highly anticipated puzzle sequel to Portal 1, shown exclusively to the german PC - gaming magazine Gamestar.de. I recaptured the video with Fraps for Youtube, so a broader audience will be able to watch the first real long gameplay appetizer of Portal 2 (without the annoying advertisement at the beginning, damn you gamestar!).

Portal 1 was actually a fan mod for Half Life 2, which Valve found astonishing enough to release it together with Half Life 2 Episode II (also known as the Orange Box) in 2007.

The gameplay preview unveals the new player-assisting A.I., called Wheatley and also shows the awakening of the second A.I. GlaDOS. The preview also unravels all the changes done to the unique gameplay of Portal 1. So be prepared, this is a real in-depth-preview.

One thing is already for sure, the cold, clean and minimalistic design of Portal 1, which attracted so many reviewers and players worldwide, is still intact, or should I better say, the atmosphere seems to be much more intense and still provides the feeling to be in an absolutely alienating and futuristic enviorement. The very black and subversive humour of the Portal universe still can be found at every corner of the very complex level design, and to be honest, i m very glad about that fact. The difficulty of the puzzles seems to be much higher, since the overall gameplay-features-list has been greatly enhanced.

I guess you're ready to get stunned, because one thing is for sure: the casual Schwoafer needs this nerdy game. release date is December 2010.

suitable-for-schwoafers: 10/10, nerd-factor: 10/10, my-girlfriend-watches-curiously-while-i-m-playing-the-game-factor: 10/10

watch the video with higher resolution (and without the missing 30 seconds at the very end, due to youtube's max-10-mins-video-upload-policy) @ gamestar.de.

4 Kommentare:

Trux hat gesagt…

YEAH PORTAL 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!

haascht hat gesagt…

nerd it to the what????

mr selfdestruct hat gesagt…
Dieser Kommentar wurde vom Autor entfernt.
mr selfdestruct hat gesagt…

interesting dazu: GLaDos History

Kommentar veröffentlichen

ha? HA? ..